- Not to be confused with the Portal Box.
Box Portals have dated back in Club Penguin since the April Fools' Party 2007. If you walked to or over them, you would be teleported to a different room, which annoyed some Penguins. The Box Portal that was most commonly used was the Box Portal that took a penguin from the Coffee Shop to the Beacon. The portals were made of, obviously, boxes. You could tell where it would lead because an item from that place would be beside it. (i.e. Coffee Shop's Bean Bag, Night Club's speaker, and the Beacon's Jet Pack). During the April Fool's Party of 2009, Box Portals were sold for 200 coins in the Box Store Catalog, and, one placed into an igloo, would teleport penguins who entered it to the Box Dimension.
- During the April Fools Party 2009, an item in the Box Store's catalog was a portal box, a box with a portal in it. If placed in an igloo, it will "teleport" you to a special room called the Box Dimension. It was only available to members, but non-members could enter the Dimension by using a portal in another member's igloo.
- At the April Fools Party 2010, if you went at a certain part of the Ski Lodge, you would be transported to the lighthouse. Some think Club Penguin Team didn't take a portal out and left it invisible.
- The Orange Puffle was first seen in the Box Dimension.
- There is a box portal outside the Lighthouse for the Puffle Party 2011.
- When put in your house you click on it and then quickly click the tape measure you will appear in the Box Dimension with no name
- Penguin use a Box Portal when Server Jumping.
- Many of these, including a Box Dragon, were found in the Box Dimension level of Puffle Launch.