|Full Name||Lane Merrifield|
|Born||November 29, 1979 (age 34)|
|Position|| Co-founder (Club Penguin) |
EVP (Disney Online Studios)
|Joined Club Penguin||Penguin Chat 3|
|Left Club Penguin||February 1, 2013|
|Billybob's current player card|
Lane Merrifield, better known by his penguin's name Billybob, is a well-known former Club Penguin moderator who often posted news on the official Club Penguin blog. He worked with rsnail and Dave Krysko to create Club Penguin. Billybob was one of the three founders of Club Penguin. His catchphrase is "Waddle On!", as seen on almost all of his blog posts. When on Club Penguin, he was often found wearing the Green Letterman Jacket and the Green Ball Cap or Red Ball Cap.
Leaving Club Penguin
In October 2012 Billybob announced he would soon be leaving Club Penguin.
|“|| Hello Penguins!
I hope you're all as excited about the Halloween Party as I am. The office is buzzing today, it's going to be amazing!
I wanted to make sure you heard it directly from me, after 7 incredible years at Club Penguin, I'm going to be moving on. I'll be around for the next few months to make sure everything is all good. Then I'll be focusing on building some cool stuff for schools. I hope I'm able to help with learning the same way I have been able to help build Club Penguin.
I have had such an incredible time being a part of Club Penguin over the years and serving you guys everyday. The Club Penguin Team is better than ever, and the plans we've made for the next year are awesome! My friends Polo Field and Businesmoose will keep you updated with all the latest behind-the-scenes updates here on the blog. Even though I won't be working at Club Penguin anymore, I'll still be around and logging on to hang out.
You are the reason I've done this for so long and I am so thankful you've let me be a part of your lives. You are what makes Club Penguin special. Never forget that.
Until then… Waddle on!
- Lane (aka Billybob)
— Lane Merrifield, October 17, 2012.
According the first issue of the Club Penguin Magazine, Billybob owns several puffles, named:
- Billybob worked at Disneyland before he started working for Club Penguin.
- He was found waddling around Club Penguin during the Beta Testing Party.
- Billybob, Businesmoose, and Happy77 are the only Club Penguin staff members to publicly announce his or her departure from the game on the What's New Blog.
- Billybob officially left Club Penguin on February 1, 2013.
- It was Billybob who created the now famous "Waddle On!" catch phrase.
- Billybob made his first live appearance at Times Square, during the 3rd Anniversary Party.
- Although Billybob left the Club Penguin Team, he may still go on Club Penguin as a normal user.
- Billybob said his final farewells on Feburary 2, 2013 in a Spike Saturday with Spike Hike.
- Billybob made his first blog on the What's New Blog on September 27, 2005.
- His wife's first name is Maegan.
- Before Club Penguin was bought by Disney in August 2007, Billybob was the President and CEO of Club Penguin. After the purchase, he became Executive Vice President (EVP) and General Manager of Disney Interactive Studios.
- When trying to add him on the buddy list, it will say he is working at Club Penguin. This is false, as he no longer works there.
- Billybob has a Twitter account - @LaneMerrifield.
Appearance in Club Penguin