This article is about something that was for a period of time or is no longer in Club Penguin.
Beta Testing on Club Penguin started on August 22, 2005. During beta testing, players could log on to Club Penguin and help find bugs for the Club Penguin Team. Over the course of 2 months, 15,000 beta testers helped find hundreds of bugs.
- August 22, 2005: Beta Testing begins.
- August 23, 2005: Version 0.88
- August 24, 2005: Version 0.89
- Hockey puck bug fixed
- Sled Racing fixed (limited to 2 players)
- Mancala fixed (moved to the Book Room)
- Server bugs fixed
- August 29, 2005: Version 0.91
- Ballistic Biscuit fixed
- Bean Counters fixed
- Snowball bug fixed
- Item load bug fixed
- Player load bug fixed
- September 2, 2005: Version 0.93
- Igloo bugs fixed
- September 12, 2005: Version 0.94
- Snow Forts added
- New Igloos added
- Buddy request system updated
- Map updated
- Player login improved
- Chat balloons improved
- September 16, 2005: Version 0.95
- Updated Mancala
- Buying furniture bug fixed
- September 21, 2005: Beta Test Party
- September 23, 2005: Version 0.96
- "View News" is replaced with "Edit Player"
- Newspaper begins to arrive in mailbox
- Added sound to Mancala
- Added sound and music to Ballistic Biscuit
- Emotes quick keys added
- Flood filter bugs fixed
- September 30, 2005: Version 0.97
- Mancala cheat fixed
- Astro Barrier cheat fixed
- Character sliding bug fixed
- October 05, 2005: Version 0.97.32
- Astro Barrier bug fixed
- Added sound to Astro Barrier
- Ballistic Biscuit difficulty increased
- Flood warning bug fixed
- October 20, 2005: Version 0.98
- Music and sound added to Bean Counters
- Ballistic Biscuit and Bean Counters score calculation updated
- Minor Bug in Astro Barrier fixed
- More error messages added
- Sled Racing fixed
- October 24, 2005: Beta testing ends and Club Penguin is launched
- Club Penguin was originally to release in 2010, but thanks to beta testing it launched within 2 months.
- According to rsnail, even after beta testing, Club Penguin was launched incomplete.
- During beta testing, Club Penguin only had 11 (later 12) rooms, 5 games, and 10 employees.
- Growth was the biggest problem for the team during Beta Testing. Club Penguin had way to many players for the servers they had.