- Not the article you were looking for? Check the disambiguation page.
The Beacon Telescope, commonly known as the Telescope, is located at the Beacon and is mainly used for signalling the return of Rockhopper. Sometimes, other things are washed ashore, such as blocks of ice, and once a message in a bottle. There is a rumor that if you look through it for a considerable amount of time, many humorous events may happen, depending if a party is happening or not.
- During the April Fools' Party 2008, the Beacon Telescope became a kaleidoscope.
- During the Festival of Flight 2009, the Beacon Telescope showed the sky with clouds made from the Cloud Maker 3000.
- During the Holiday Party 2009, if players looked through the Beacon Telescope, they would see that a night sky with stars, like much of the rest of Club Penguin (e.g. the Map, Cove Binoculars).
- After players had built the beacon on Shipwreck Island there would be a small red flashing dot (the Shipwreck Island beacon) visible from the Beacon Telescope of Club Penguin Island.
- The Purple Super Hero Meteorite could be spotted two weeks before the Superhero Takeover from the Beacon Telescope.
- Before the Future Party, Protobot was seen flying from the Beacon Telescope.
- After the Pirate Party 2014, the Pirate Crabs were seen.
- Two weeks before the Star Wars Rebels Takeover, The Ghost was seen flying from the Beacon Telescope.
Since May 22, 2014, a sound effect was added to the telescope. It is played whenever the telescope interface is opened.
- During Halloween Parties, the view from the Beacon Telescope is dark.
- On January 17, 2008, the Migrator crashed into a block of ice and for the first time players saw Rockhopper entering & exiting, from the Beacon Telescope.
- A portable, homemade telescope, similar to the Beacon Telescope, was used by Dancing Penguin in PSA Mission 1: Case Of The Missing Puffles to spot Aunt Arctic's puffles on the Tallest Mountain. Players had to fix it with their wrench; so that Dancing Penguin would let them use it.
- During PSA Mission 4: Avalanche Rescue, the Beacon Telescope could be taken off its place on the Beacon, and put on a telescope stand fixed in Gary's Room, to look at the correct path for sledding down the Ski Hill in order to save the lost penguins.
- In PSA Mission 11: The Veggie Villain, the Beacon Telescope was broken, and players could help Rory fix it.