|Where||Above the Lighthouse|
|Opened||September 22, 2006|
|Mini-games||Jet Pack Adventure|
- Were you looking for the Beacon Boardwalk?
The Beacon is the top floor of the Lighthouse, and serves, as the name implies, as a beacon to ships at sea, most notably The Migrator. Due to being so high up, it also serves as a great lookout point to see much of Club Penguin Island. In addition to this, there is a telescope positioned on the railing, which allows penguins to view far off, to the sea.
While not much is located at the Beacon aside from the giant light, there is also a launch pad for penguins to play Jet Pack Adventure. The entire Beacon is surrounded by railing, with the addition of a set of stairs leading down to the Lighthouse on the left edge.
The Beacon opened on September 22, 2006, the same time as the Lighthouse. Before it opened, there was a scavenger hunt to find lightbulbs for the Beacon. On November 6, 2006, Jet Pack Adventure was released. Prior to this, the launch pad was blocked off, and there was a sign that read "COMING SOON".
On August 5, 2011, the Beacon received a graphical update, where it was polished.
|Enchanted Feather Pin|
|Snowman Puffle Pin|
|?????? Footprint pin|
- During Puffle Parties, from 2009 to 2013, the Beacon is the "domain" of green puffles. Many green puffles are playing around, and there are green balloons and banners hung up. In 2012 and 2013, there were also giant green puffle cutouts, green mats, and piles of pies, which could be thrown, like snowballs.
- During Medieval Parties, except for 2013, the Beacon serves as the top of the "tower" that is the Lighthouse, with the railing replaced by battlements, and the floor being made of wood. The light is replaced by a giant brazier, and there are logs to use as firewood. The launch pad for Jet Pack Adventure is also labeled "WIZARD'S FLYING MACHINE".
- During Halloween Parties from 2006-2012 and in 2015, the Beacon's light was replaced with a giant jack-o-lantern. In 2011 and 2012, the floor and railing were made of wood, like the rest of the Lighthouse, to resemble an old fashioned Lighthouse.
- During the Lighthouse Party, there were red and white banners and balloons hung up, and there were also free Sailor's Caps.
- During the Christmas Party 2006, the Beacon light was replaced with a giant red Christmas light. The floor was also colored red, and garland was wrapped around the railing and telescope.
- During the April Fools' Party 2007, there were some cardboard boxes here. There was also a Box Portal on the floor which caused players to teleport to the Coffee Shop when walked on.
- During the Summer Kickoff Party, the metal frame around the Beacon light's glass casing was replaced with bamboo. The covering of the light was also replaced with giant leaves, as was the railing, causing the entire Lighthouse to look like a palm tree, due to the lower portion of the building resembling the trunk of a palm tree.
- During the Christmas Party 2007, the Beacon light was replaced by the top of the Christmas tree, with a giant star on top, as well as many ornaments, ribbons, and other decorations. Because of this, as well as the decoration on the exterior of the Lighthouse, the entire building looked like a giant Christmas tree. Yellow garland also hung from the railing.
- During the Submarine Party, the Beacon light was replaced with a giant pufferfish, and the entire glass casing was filled with water, and various aquatic life same inside. The entire room itself was covered in moss, algae, coral, seaweed, and more. The telescope was also replaced by a periscope.
- During the April Fools' Party 2008, like the rest of the Lighthouse, the Beacon was made of paper, and drawn with pencil. There were also some coffee stains on the paper.
- During the Fall Fair 2008, the Beacon was made much more colorful, with colored railing, banners, and a cover around the light's glass casing. There were hot air balloons floating in the distance, a large sign advertising Jet Pack Adventure, and a slide on the edge of the balcony, leading down to the Beach.
- During the Christmas Party 2008, the Beacon was decorated the same as in 2006.
- During the Snow Sculpture Showcase, some snow sculptures were displayed here.
- During the April Fools' Party 2009, the Beacon was decorated the same as in 2007.
- During the Festival of Flight, the light was replaced by a giant propeller, to help lift the island.
- During The Fair 2009, the Beacon was decorated the same as the previous year, but without a slide or hot air balloons.
- During Holiday Party 2009, the Beacon was decorated the same as the previous year, with the addition of a night sky.
- During the April Fools' Party 2010, there were red and white balloons and banners, as well as some boxes that worked like a Newton's Cradle.
- During The Fair 2010, the Beacon was decorated the same as the previous year.
- During The Great Storm of 2010, puddles formed here. There was also a caution sign, due to the puddles, advising penguins to watch their step.
- During Holiday Party 2010, the Beacon was decorated the same as previous years, but without a red floor. Also, excess coins from the Lighthouse were located here, and eventually filled the glass casing.
- During the April Fools' Party 2011, the Beacon was decorated the same as the previous year.
- During the Underwater Expedition, the entire Beacon was tilted, along with the rest of the island.
- During The Fair 2012, the Beacon was decorated the same as previous years, except with different colored banners.
- During the 10th Anniversary Party, the Beacon was decorated the same way as it was during the Summer Kickoff Party, with the addition of a speaker box.
- The Beacon's light can be turned off by clicking a switch next to it. This feature was first introduced during the Easter Egg Hunt 2009, and had to be utilized as part of the hunt.
- In the "Ask Aunt Arctic" section of issue #226 of the Club Penguin Times, it is revealed that the Beacon's light is 2500 watts, and it is also solar-powered.
Names in other languages
|Portuguese||Posto de Observação|