Backgrounds are special images designed to decorate penguins' player cards. When placed on, they are located behind the penguin. They were first released on May 4, 2006. Backgrounds are usually available for all players, with an exception of a few backgrounds, such as the Coral Reef Background.
Backgrounds are always available in the Snow and Sports, the Penguin Style catalogs, and usually in the Costume Trunk. Backgrounds are sometimes also available in party catalogs. Old backgrounds will usually return to catalogs.
- Main article: Autographed Backgrounds
List of BackgroundsEdit
- The 8 original backgrounds in Club Penguin were the Heart Background, Flower Background, Nightime Background, Clouds Background, Cut-out Background, Target Background, Camo Background, and the Lined Paper Background.
- When Rockhopper was at Disney World, a code was given and you can unlock the Exclusive Background online.
- All backgrounds are for all penguins except Fair Background and Top Of The Mountain Background, which are the for members only.
- Until December 2007, the Penguin Style contained 16 default backgrounds. The number was cahnged to 12 in December 2007 and again to 8 in May 2013.
- The December 2007 issue of the Snow and Sports is the only issue of the catalog that did not contain a background.